Tour de Farms 15 - 23 September 2015
Tour de Farms
The European Federation of City Farms (EFCF) is a network of city farms in Europe and beyond. It has members in 11 countries. Each year a four or five day European conference is held in a member country to learn from each other.
This year the EFCF celebrates its 25th anniversary. On the occasion of this memorable event, four Norwegian cityfarmers will travel most of the route to the conference in Ghent, Belgium by bike! Their motivation and focus will be good health, healthy food, focus on food production and the importance of the knowledge of how and where good food is made. Stuff you can do around food
The cyclists will meet in Oslo and will start from there. The plan is to visit as many city farms as possible on the way and they hope that many people will cheer them on or come along for some distance. They will arrive in Ghent on Wednesday 23 September, when the conference will start.
Follow the heroes ...
Guro Kristi Holmberg, married, 3 children. Nurse and works at Foerland 4H-farm, Stord Island, Hordalan
Maria Sivertsen works at Kampen city farm, Oslo
Helge Lindstad, fireman (just retired) and his wife Astrid, both working at Hauger 4H-Farm, Heggedal
Route and estimated arrival times
5. Thursday 17 September 7 pm Bremen http://www.stadtteilfarm.de/
6. Friday 18 September afternoon Bocholt http://www.jugendfarm-mitdir.de/
7. Saturday 19 September 4 pm Oss (NL) www.nme-elzenhoek.nl
8. Sunday 20 September 3 pm Breda www.bcwbreda.nl
10. Tuesday 22 September afternoon Deurne (B)
11. Wednesday 23 September afternoon Ghent